Who am I?
My name, as you already have guessed it, is Michele Bologna.
My main occupation and interest is software engineering. I write software during my work time and also in my spare time (speaking of which, I also contribute to open source software. Have you seen my GitHub profile?).
I hold a Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering (summa cum laude) from the University of Bergamo.
Why this site
This site contains some posts (or rants) written in Italian, while some others in English (most recent ones and more likely all future posts, with some exceptions).
A little bit of history: this site has begun in 2007, as I was playing with Apache, PHP and MySQL. I was curious to learn how to host and administer a site, how to use (and lately develop) a CMS like WordPress.
After some time, some critic and some encouragements, a lot of comments (!), I decided to continue writing in this site for some reasons:
- Writing (in my native tongue and moreover in English) is a skill that must be exercised. It is not enough to be a good software engineer if you can not explain yourself in a clear way (hence my motto: “Listen to understand, speak to be understood”). This site is a way to put on the test my ability to write.
- This site is a way to spread my thoughts and my ideas with people, to demonstrate what I can do and also what I want to do. Have you checked out my LinkedIn profile?
- It is an occasion to sharpen my skills with web technologies nowadays.
- This site is a placeholder for everyone who Googles my name. Yes, I am the first result for “Michele Bologna” in Google.it and Google.COM SERPs.
What kind of posts will be published on this site?
I publish a post whenever:
- I solve an problem and I want to share my solution with everyone that might incur in the same problem, or when I can illustrate a solution better than the solutions I came across using Google.
- Whenever I develop something that solves a recurrent problem; usually, I push first the code to my GitHub profile, and then I write the corresponding post accordingly.
- When I come across something very interesting and I want to endorse the author. If you want me see what you have done, drop me a line and I will have a look at it!
How to receive new posts updates
If you are tech-savvy enough, you can stay update using RSS (this site supports both: RSS and atom).
How to contact me
Head to the contacts page.
- Everything is published here, where not expressly specified, is produced by Michele Bologna and licensed under Creative Commons license.
- The postings on this site are my own and don’t represent the company I work for or any other past/present/future employer positions, strategies or opinions.